I used card stock and an exacto blade to cut out my desired shapes. I enjoyed making these because they helped me expand my ability to think of negative and positive space.
The blind portrait project is a project that we use keywords that another person had used to describe themselves.
The words I used were: Animals & Independent
For this project I used a canvas to work on. I put blue and black acrylic on the back of the painting, dabbing the brush to add a almost cloudy effect instead of a streak or brush effect, allowing the spray paint I would you later to add a different texture. For the shapes of the jellyfish I used a solid paper and a blade to create the stencils. after allowing to let the paint dry, I brought the canvas and the stencils outside and began spray painting the two smaller jellyfish in the background. I used light blue spray paint on the first layer, then for the top layer of the smaller jellyfish I used dark blue, but keeping the stencil a little off to add a 3-D effect to the jellyfish. The next day I did the larger jellyfish, the first layer was white then I added a silver or chrome color to make the jellyfish to pop out.
The project we were assigned is to create something out of clothes pins or something that clothes pins inspired us to make. I made a utilitarian piece. i painted a clothes pin and will glue it to a wall or table to hold the cords of chargers or any cord, to prevent the cord from breaking or falling off of the table/wall. Because of the
Hey, I'm Aoife.